Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hi, I'm Sherman


[I can't type, so I'm dictating to my human. Any typo's, mispellings, incorrect grammar, etc are all his fault.]

I'm Sherman, a male German Shepherd Dog. They say I'm about 2 years old, but no-one knows for sure. I don't remember much from before my new humans adopted me. I was having a good time roaming around Walton county when someone called Animal Control and claimed I was vicious. That is *so* not true...

Anyways, after doing some time in the animal control lock-up, someone there called Alcovy Pet Rescue. A nice lady came down, grabbed my ears, pulled my tail, stuck her hand in my mouth, grabbed my paws and generally tried to piss me off. But I'm a friendly sort, so I let her, especially since I thought it might get me out of this place. And it must have worked, because then...

I went to a boarding facility that Alcovy uses, and I met this nice lady Yvonne who thought I was the cat's meow (you know what cats are good for? A snack! Hee hee hee), and she was pretty sure she could find me a forever home. She took my picture, fed me, found a comfortable place for me to sleep. It all seemed pretty good, then she got mean. She took me to the vet. I'm pretty sure I've been to a vet before, but it wasn't anything like this!

They jabbed me with some needles, poked and prodded me, fussed over me, and then I got real sleepy. When I woke up, my 'nads were gone! And I had stitches. It was the weekend, and no one was around, so I ripped them out. It probably wasn't a good idea, but, hell, I was BORED. There was just me, a few barking dogs, and I was cooped up in the crate, and the stitches hurt. What else was I gonna do?

So I got sleepy again, and when I woke up, I had MORE stitches. Something about "damn, he was lucky we didn't have to remove his pee-pee." Not sure what that meant, but it didn't sound good. So anyways, I go back to the boarding facility and hung out there.

The picture she took of me must have been really good, because it was only up on the computer for a half a day before some humans called and wanted to meet me. Yvonne said we could all meet at Petsmart, but they veto'ed that idea, saying it would be too distracting for me. They decided to come out to the boarding facility and meet me here.

They arrived Saturday morning, and I was wound up, let me tell you! We went into a large fenced off area, and they petted me and I charged around and kinda acted like an idiot. It was a lot of fun, and they must really like me, because an hour later, I was in their car, and we were going to my forever home! I also met a lady named Becky, who is real cute.

We rode for a bit, and got to my new home. Turns out these humans (jc and Cindy) have two other dogs, so that was cool. One of them, the old Golden Retriever named Moon won't play with me (she gets all growly). Makeeta, the Shiloh Shepherd was sorta stand-offish, but she warmed up to me, and we play all the time now.

That's me, and what happened up to getting to my new home. I'll get jc to take some more dictation about the first couple weeks and bring everything up to date. I wish someone had told me about this 'blogging' thing when I first got home. I gotta lot to say!

No comments: